Very fluid distance focus

Anyone else notice very fluid distance focus, literally? I’m wearing very under corrected normalized glasses currently (1D under). Far distance outdoors during active focus almost has the quality of being underwater or in a clear gel…especially fluid looking vision while things go in and out of focus.

Could it be that you’re in the Matrix and slowly waking up? Did you take the red pill? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(sorry, couldn’t help myself there with the liquid and the gel…:flushed: )

3 Likes

Well, I did go for a walk and my vision shifted to the point I snapped back into spatial reality…so who knows.

In all seriousness though, I never experienced what you described so I’m not going to be much help on the how and why here.

1 Like

Raah Laurens, I can’t stop laughing! :joy::rofl: Love your sense of humor!

Sorry FMR, I can’t help much as it never happened to me :thinking: I’m even not sure to understand really right how this “fluid distance focus” is supposed to feel like :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@FMR… I’ve heard that cataracts have the sensation of looking through a waterfall, hence the name cataract, but not sure if this is what you’re seeing in distance. I have moderate cataract and see a clear image and its shadow so it’s not quite opaque or fluid as you describe, nor like a waterfall or underwater. It does sound like a dream sequence in a movie if I can envision what you’re describing…sorry…hope it’s not serious.

Yeah, I don’t know…it’s been like this for as long as I can remember. It’s probably just how my eyes are. I’ve always had floaters…maybe that’s what I’m seeing. And both of my parents have had vitreous detachment when they were about 25-30 years older than I am now. I’m hoping I don’t have that to look forward to someday, but right now it looks likely someday based on how things are going. It should be long way off, anyway.

Most likely the floaters then because I know exactly what you mean about going in and out of clarity…I have the full house on eye issues. I’ve had floaters for years partly when I was hit in the head by a soccer ball, but mostly due to high myopia and constant pulling of the eye due to eyestrain.

1 Like

Yeah, it appears to be the floaters, just how they look during active focus in bright light.

My mom has always had floaters too, but only has low myopia, so I don’t really think there’s always a connection to myopia level.

I really hope that improving vision reduces the chances of retinal issues later.

1 Like