VIDEO: Differential > Normalized > Differential

The right way to get stimulus on the way down through the diopters. Video only available via the direct link, time to limit the non-participant, non-community enhancing mooch factor just a little bit! :smirk:

Future “pro topic” videos will just be linked here in the forum, not visible otherwise in the Youtube video list.

Bookmark the pro topics playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgB_5pbB86GiUjw5lauv-gsYqB6xfcBkv

25 Likes

I understand what you’re saying and I agree, it makes a lot of sense. But what about people who are currently working on equalizing? Surely you want to have the new ratio across the board so you’d have to reduce both diff. and norm. at the same time?

1 Like

Thanks, very interesting! I sort of knew that changing at the same time is not a good idea, now I know why - always learning something new ! :slight_smile:

(What about equalizing though? That’s a different story, right? EDIT: Sorry about the duplicated question, had this in the wrong place first)

1 Like

So I better not watch this, because I do change at the same time… :smiley:

:smiley:
Do watch it, Jakey has a very good point there

1 Like

I’m one that has read a TON of blog articles and watched all the videos and I never realized you were supposed to stagger the reductions. Good to know! I knew that when you first start you are supposed to only do the differential first but I thought that was just to reduce your ciliary spasm so your first normalized would be more accurate.

2 Likes

@alphaorc Yes and that’s how most of these things turn into decision trees with a bunch of if/then. :wink:

6 Likes

LOL Would be fun to have the endmyopia process as source code on a t-shirt.
Wonder which would suit best. C++, C#, JAVA? Or maybe Assembly??? (Or even brainf*ck?)

This is “endmyopia.org” in brainf*ck :smiley:

2 Likes

Whoa, of all things in the world, Brainf*ck code is just about the last thing I expected to encounter at endmyopia.org :joy:

Can we now have the actual algorithm in BF? :stuck_out_tongue:

¿Does this principle applies to people who doesn’t have to do any close up work for hours? For example people who spent most of the time outdoors :evergreen_tree:

Ok, I knew I was not supposed to change at the same time - but now I know why.

Also knew I should have started with differentials - and again I now know why :joy:

So it’s me wondering - if it’s already working so well for me - should I change that running system?
Then again - the beard has been right on so many things in my experience - maybe I just get that 2nd pair of plus glasses and might get even better results?

Guess I’ll give it a try soon…

Also totally love the ‘they just read before they started!’ side note in the video :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Tii_Chen If you’re making gains and everything is good, don’t change a thing!

5 Likes

I have the same question actually. I work in residential construction and work at distance most of my day. A lot of my close up computer work/reading comes later at night when lighting isn’t as ideal as close up work throughout the day would be. What would be the best approach in those cases?

Appreciated, thank you!
(Wasn’t too keen to buy another pair of glasses )

Very few things I discuss are absolutes - they’re usually the best case starting point for most common scenarios. Take them as a “this is what worked for most people” and then apply your own take as needed.

The idea is that you know what works, and however you deviate from it you always know which direction the working premise is.

5 Likes

I also read a lot of the blog articles and don’t remember reading this. But it is good to know. I keep moving further away from my computer for active focus, but my morning measurements are very erratic. But, now I know to be patient and wait for my distance vision to improve before getting a new normalized prescription. I know that a big problem for me is getting outdoor time. Since April it has been too hot, muggy and extremely high pollen counts (I don’t ever remember there being high pollen counts during the summer) to spend even half an hour outside. Eagerly waiting October.

Great video. I just dropped my glasses altogether for close work. I didn’t have to drive for a month so with cm readings of 75cm I figured I could just use the ground as appropriate stimulus.

Can someone point me to the blog article (if there is one) on snellen chart results for normalised. I’m over prescribed as I can read 20/10 and I was going to ask an optometrist for a prescription that gives me 20/25 vision so I have mild stimulus all the time. If you guys can point me to the article that would be great.