What does it mean . .

What does it mean that, for the first time in years, with my latest normalized (-1.00), I sometimes forget to take off my glasses to look at my laptop, etc.? This has not been true for a very long time. When I think of it, I of course take off the glasses and see perfectly well. But it’s kind of weirding me out that the boundary seems less defined than before. I’d have thought that I’d now be even less likely to tolerate lenses for closeup.

(I have just been through more than 36 hours in which it didn’t occur to me to put on my glasses —to be sure, a longer time than usual—but this sort of thing was unimaginable before EndMyopia.)

1 Like

I think it means that the strength of your norms are now within the range you are able to accommodate within (consciously or unconsciously)
You’ll be hitting 20/20 or the “eternal -0.5D for night driving” stage soon.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s interesting—not to mention encouraging.

(But I have never worn differentials. Was that a typo?)

It is a typo. I’ll correct it.
I have never worn diffs either. To be honest I have never worn norms either. I have worn corrections taking me to average 20/20ish (my original opto correction was always set to 20/10 at my request)

1 Like

Duh. Thinking about this further, it occurs to me that the reason why my -1.00 diopter lenses don’t have so much blur for reading close up, is because they are weaker than my previous lenses — the ones that were so radically inconvenient for books or computer screens. My lenses are getting closer to the condition of my actual eyes, so the disjunction between lenses and no lenses is not nearly as radical as it was in the past. I guess that’s obvious, but it really hadn’t occurred to me till now.

2 Likes