What's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

Completely going to sidestep the discussion about whether Myers-Briggs is a good personality test or not, this person said this etc. Invariably someone will probably go that discussion though, which is cool. It’s just what people know :stuck_out_tongue:

16personalities.com is a really in-depth test. I’ve found the information about the type I got to be eerily bang-on, although maybe they just say nice things about everyone.

Any test I’ve done says I’m a solid ENFP.

8 Likes

Eh tried this test but was less accurate than others I have done and got a slightly different result. I’ll try to find the one I found most accurate in the past

EDIT: was a long time ago that I did it, it is an old site but I think it was this one that I found most accurate

http://similarminds.com/embj.html

2 Likes

Going to keep an eye on this thread. :laughing:

5 Likes

This test said I am a INFP-t, 74% introverted!!! And they get sucked into deep thought. Ahhh!! It also says this Mediator type is good at learning languages. That may fit since I actually use the Spanish I learned in school. I am functionally fluent. Hmmm??

4 Likes

INTP here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That was fun, although not entirely accurate. As with all other personality tests, I would have different answers under different circumstances. To add to the alphabet soup, I am INFJA. :thinking:

3 Likes

Luring you to pay for the next stage? I didn’t see enough about the less positive sides of my personality.

1 Like

A good idea to see if there is a pattern behind personalities more prone to sticking with EM :slight_smile: I seem to have the INFJ-T, the part “they will procrastinate, but will reliably get the job done” got me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

added link in my post above

the thing about these tests is that they’re only really useful (i.e.in providing info about yourself) if you have strong preferences. E.g. I’m on the boundary between introvert and extravert (i.e. the guy who can talk the most at a party but is perfectly happy spending the whole weekend on his own) and on the boundary between thinking and feeling so they can’t put me in a box :smiley:

but I read a much simpler defition e.g. of introvert and extravert: those who get their energy from outside themselves and are drained when alone for too long, are extraverts and those who get drained by too much interaction with others but recharge when alone are introverts.

4 Likes

Definitely my definition too. I read that somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find this one more useful. I took the Myers-Briggs about 12 years ago and tested highly introvert. Since then, I’ve learned and practiced about every aspect of social and business interaction where I was deficient. Consequently, I am competent and good in most situations, so I answer the questions differently and just scored ESFJ on that test. When I first took it, I was an INTJ.

I’d say I lean towards introvert because I want the alone time first to get energized, then I go out and spend that energy by interacting with others. I’ve never fit cleanly in one these boxes!

3 Likes

I usually test somewhere on the INTJ scale, although there have been times when I leaned towards ENTP, but not very often.

2 Likes

ISTP-T very accurate description both in the pros and the cons.
Edit: took the test Lajos posted and got the same result.

I’m also curious to know if anybody else got a very turbulent personality, apparently that’s something I need to work on (90% turbulent according to the test)

1 Like

INTJ here. I was was very much into MBTI until I learned Big 5 properly. I now believe that Big 5 is the better tool for personality typing. Although there is some overlap between MBTI and Big 5.

2 Likes

16personalities is not the best test because their typing method is based on letters, not cognitive functions. Psychology Junkie has a better test. I am an INFP. MBTI is actually a good personality type system, it doesn’t put you in a box but, by using it, you can understand pretty much about yourself.

2 Likes

Snap, @Viodhora! I am also INFJ-T
I like 16personalities.com. I find it fun.

3 Likes

No way. I would have said you’re definitely an extravert based on your videos. There is no way you’re introvert!

2 Likes

Hahaha people can present very differently under stress, public appearances are considered stressful to most people.

3 Likes

I scored INTJ the first time I did it. I’d like another one of the longer ones because this time I came out a little on the extravert side.

@Lajos I thought, that, too. Sometimes these things surprise us!

3 Likes

Surprise!
I do well on videos because I can write a script, I can edit out anything embarrassing I say - I can edit myself! Every introvert’s dream for social interaction! Always time to think about your responses twice - feels a lot less like life is one giant improvisation (improv is not my strong suit). I can plan it. Prepare for it. I love it.
My early videos - which aren’t on the topic of EM and which I may delete in future - are so cringe-ily wooden. Has taken me just as long to get comfortable with the camera as it takes me to get comfortable with people.

I was chatting with my best friend earlier, who is also doing EM, and she surprised me because she is on the Facebook group and on Le Meow, yet I have never seen her around! I called her out for being such a lurker - “I thought you were an extrovert!”
To which she responded, “I thought you were an introvert.”
… Touche.

8 Likes