Where do you buy your glasses from if you live in the UK (April 2021)?

Hi everyone,

I have just tried to order my first differential glasses from Zenni USA, but unfortunately they do not ship to the United Kingdom. I am wondering where you guys, who live in the UK, buy your glasses from without a valid prescription from the optician?

I have just recently discovered Jake and his endmyopia.org website. I am so super excited to discover that the nearsightedness can be reversed!

1 Like

I just logged on to Zenni out of curiosity and indeed they simply removed UK from the list of countries. Interesting solution to overcome the difficulty of unknown shipping conditions created by Brexit…
There are quite a lot of companies offering cheap glasses in the UK - not sure if anyone tested them though.

Check the Facebook group. There’s a entire list of suggestions that are location specific to buy glasses from.

“Zenni USA”? I thought Zenni was a thorougly Chinese company.

I signed in and indeed it asks for a country when checking out and the UK is not listed.

removed.

Thank you! I will definitely try firmoo.co.uk, they seem not only offering lower prices but a nice variety of frames too.

I have just ordered the glasses from www.goggles4u.co.uk without sending a copy of the prescription, they have just emailed saying that my order has been shipped.

2 Likes

I’d like to revive this topic a bit. I’ve just discovered Zenni’s not shipping to the UK anymore. Glasses here are either a style I don’t like or too expensive for someone who’s -5.75 to keep buying new pairs.

I’ve looked at the two links above, but I prefer glasses no more than 3cm in eye height… which pretty much discounts everything of a reasonable price. I’ve done Google searches too, but can’t find any improvement on £15 per pair in a style I like. Any suggestions? Or do I just have to put up with a style I don’t like? If I do that I can see myself wearing my current glasses whenever I go out… Fine while they’re my normalized, but as my eyes improve, they’ll be too strong.

That’s small. You can select that with the lens height on firmoo

lens-size

@Viceroy.Sam I’m afraid I’'m small. :grinning:

I did refine the search like that. My only complaint is that those glasses cost £23 before coatings/thinning, and £33 afterwards… I may just have to go with a style I don’t like if I’m to be able to afford this.

Have you tried Selectspecs yet? They seem to have a wider variety of frames. Also with them the thin lense (1.61) and the AR coating is included when you select from the glasses over £30. But they have a lot of £6 frames, too, where you have to select thin and AR for an additional £20. Shipping worldwide.
Not affiliated…

I’ve recently discovered them. There are some £6 glasses there with proportions pretty much like my current ones. Excluding delivery, they’d be £15 if I opt for the CR39 lenses (for my -3.50 diffs) and £20 if I go for 1.56 index. I don’t need normalized at present. I could order future sets of differentials (I don’t need an astigmatism correction in my diffs) to get the free delivery. I’m just not sure if it’s wise to go for 1.50 index CR39 for -3.50 lenses. I need to dig into that one a bit.

Hi Catlover, I have recently ordered my glasses with -3.5 lenses (1.57 index) without any astigmatism correction from Goggles4u.co.uk (it took about a week for my order to arrive). I find these glasses comfortable to wear and lenses do not look too thick nor they feel too heavy. But please do your own research before ordering.
Since my first order, I have been receiving promotional emails from Goggles4u.co.uk with various discount codes (today’s email offers 47% off the entire order, code GLASSES47).
All the best with your vision improvements!

1 Like

Thank you, @Gita ! I looked again at some I’d seen on Googles4u, and although the plastic is thicker than I’d like, they’re similarly proportioned to my current ones. Even without the discount they’d be cheaper than the other ones I’d seen. I only hope the fact that the frames are a centimetre wider than my current ones won’t be a problem. If the hinge allows them to move closer to my head it’ll be alright. If not, they’ll be too big for my head. I’ll ask family members about this one.