Wim Hof method and reversing myopia

Ciao a tutti.
Is anyone practicing Wim Hof method and being concerned about interaction with myopia reduction? Expecially while breathing.
When I hold the breath (full lungs) I experience so much pressure on my eyes.
Furthermore when I push breathing technique a bit too far I wonder if dizziness and almost faint sensation could be potentially bad for eye sight and eye health in general.
Not feeling this in pranayama exercises, I feel pranayama is very good to eye health indeed.
Not concerned about cold exposure and eyesight.
Any consideration?
Thanks.
Ciao.
Michele

2 Likes

I don’t know but curious also :thinking: . Waiting here for other’s experience also :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been practicing Wim Hof method for a while- mostly swimming in cold water, with my head submerged for around 3 minutes and some breathing for preparation. I’ve noticed that when I get out of the water my eyesight is crisper. It seems like a good way to deal with eye fatigue because cold water relaxes your muscles and increases blood flow, which positively affects the ciliary muscle in the eye.

Also, I can relate feeling lightheaded with causing short term blurry eyesight.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.
I really don’t know if we can relate breathing/cold exposure to better eyesight, but it defenitely helps to go deeper into the power of the body and mind (ex: breath hold >2’/3’ with emply lungs, amazing!)
An healthy lifestyle probably helps eyesight improvement, but unfortunately it’s impossible to measure results and make statistics out of this.

1 Like

I thought warm water did that :thinking:

1 Like

Wim Hof Method is very interesting because you could experience how your body can get relax in cold water. It takes time to achive control and relaxation but it’s a nice experience. Not really easy though.
There’s planty of info in the web, Jon Rogan interview with Hof is good to better understand how it works.
He is almost inhuman! :fearful:
Related to eyesight he reports many experiences related to eyes (flashes of light, blindness, frozen cornea, through this method you can even tap into brainstem and reptilian brain…) but once again I wish to underline that this method could be useless to myopia revertion.
I always experience “interference” while practicing WHM and my eyesight, sometimes in a good way but sometimes with bad result (more blur and lack of AF after the practice)

1 Like

That’s from my experience. I don’t know if it applies to everyone.

It is definitely a field which needs more research. Not effective for everyone.

1 Like